GroundSource is all about helping you serve the information needs of your community. That's why we've developed features that let you do it automatically. One of them is webhooks. It's a way for GroundSource to communicate with databases and deliver corresponding information dependent on what your contacts are texting you.
Webhooks connects your messages to anything from a spreadsheet to an RSS feed your contacts can access customized information by texting your GroundSource number.
How to set up a webhook
- Identify a data set you'd like your community to be able to access. Give it appropriate column names and use underscores instead of spaces like so: "an_example_of_underscoring"
- Determine what piece of information you'll ask your contacts for. This could be their postal code, a name of a school, an address, or even name of candidate running for office.
- Determine what pieces of information you'll return to your contact and how you can deliver them in a conversational format.
- Sketch out that exchange and build it into a GroundSource conversation. There are a few extra components to a message connected to webhooks including completing the Response and Error message fields. Check out how Outlier Media did it:
- The final piece is getting a URL to place in the Webhook field noted above. GroundSource staff need to do a little work on our end to attach the data to your account. So after you've completed the above steps, reach out to your GroundSource representative with your data and your drafted conversation and we'll get you a URL in no longer than 5 business days.