One of GroundSource’s most powerful attributes are the open rates of 80-90 percent on SMS and Messenger of response rates in the 15-20 percent range (which is about typical for email newsletter open rates).
The downside to this, if you want to call it that, is that you’re going to get a lot of responses — and if your work is at all time sensitive, you want to get notifications of your activity in a place you can manage them effectively. For many organizations, that place is Slack.
So, we’ve integrated GroundSource with Slack.
How to see your GroundSource feed in Slack
- Create a new Slack workspace by following the directions here (or go to one you’ve already created and own).
- Create a channel on your Slack workspace called #groundsourcefeed or #gsfeed. (Slack has the directions for creating a new channel here.) This is where incoming GroundSource messages will appear.
- Now go to API.slack.com and log into your Slack workspace.
- Click on the Start Building button to open a window like the one below where you'll GroundSource Feed into the App Name field and choose the Slack workspace where you created your #groundsourcefeed channel in the Development Slack Workspace drop down.
- Click the Create App button and then click on Incoming Webhooks in the menu on the left hand side of the screen. You'll be at a page that looks like the one below. There, flip the Activate Incoming Webhooks toggle to on.
- Click the Add New Webhook to Workspace button that appeared at the bottom of the page.
- A form like the one below will appear. Select the GroundSource feed Slack channel you made in your Slack workspace from the Post to drop down and click the Authorize button.
- You'll be brought back to the Incoming Webhooks page where a new Webhook URL will be listed at the bottom of the page. Copy that URL.
- Head to your Team Settings on GroundSource and find the Slack integration URL field. Paste the URL in this field and click the Save Changes button.
- Now test one of your conversations and see it appear in your Slack workspace! Double check that you've followed the steps above if it doesn't work and then reach out to us if you still need a hand.